Describe a New Development in The Area Where You Live (e.g. Shopping Mall, Park…)
You should say:
- What the development is
- When/where you noticed it
- How long it took to complete it
- And explain how you feel about it
There’s a new shopping mall that just opened up in the area where I live. I first noticed it when I was taking a walk in the neighborhood about a year ago. Construction was already underway, and from what I could see, it looked like it was going to be quite a big development. I’d say it took about 2 years for the mall to be completed, and a lot of money was invested in it.
The mall is called “The Star Plaza” and it’s located near the city center. It’s a multi-level building with lots of shops, restaurants and a variety of entertainment options inside, such as a movie theater, an ice-skating rink, and a gym. The mall is located in the bustling area, so it attracts a lot of people who live in the neighborhood as well as people from other are areas.
I haven’t had a chance to go inside yet, but from what I can tell, most people in my area seem to be happy with the new development. There’s a lot of foot traffic going in and out of the mall, and I think it’s good for the local businesses too. The mall is quite new so it’s still in good condition, and it’s well-lit and secure, which makes it feel safe to walk around at night. I’m a little bit concerned about the traffic it might cause but overall, I think the mall is a really useful addition to the area, it’s a really good place to hang out with friends and family.
Overall, I’m excited about this new development. It’s great to see that the area is growing and improving. I’m looking forward to visiting it soon and seeing what it has to offer. It’s definitely a positive change for the community around here, and I think it will bring many benefits to the local people, including myself.
Some IELTS Speaking part 2 cue-cards you may like :
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 January to April 2023
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 January to April 2023
- (2023) Describe Something You Would Like To Learn in The Future
- (2023) Describe A Time When you Missed or Were Late For An Important Meeting/Event
- (2023) Describe A Website You Often Visit – IELTS Speaking Part 2
- (2023) Describe A Complaint That You Made And You Were Satisfied With The Result
- (2023) Describe Your Daily Routine That you Enjoy – IELTS Speaking Part 2
- (2023) Describe Your First Day At School That You Remember
- (2023) Describe Something That You Did With Someone/A Group Of People
- (2023) Describe A Place You Visited Where The Air Was Polluted
- (2023) Describe A Film Character Played By An Actor Or Actress Whom You Admire
- (2023) Describe An Advertisement You Have Seen But You Didn’t Like
- (2023) Describe An Interesting Old Person You Met – IELTS Speaking Part 2
- (2023) Describe a Historical Period/Moment You Would Like To Learn More About – IELTS Cue Card
- (Update 2023) Describe a Person Who Inspired You to do Something Interesting IELTS Cue Card
Image : Photo by mostafa meraji on Unsplash