Table of Contents
Describe a difficult decision that you once made
You should say:
– What the decision was;
– When you made your decision;
– How long it took to make the decision;
– And explain why it was difficult to make.
I’d like to talk about a tough decision I made when I was choosing a rental department. This summer holiday, I found a part-time job that I can do for a long time. But I had to move out of the because the building was closed during summer holidays.
So I tried really hard to look for a suitable apartment. Finally, I narrowed down my choice to two apartments. One is a newly renovated apartment, which has a really good location because it’s next to a beautiful lake in our city. But the draw back is its distance from my workplace. I would have to take a bus for 40 minutes to commute there.
The other apartment is practically a shoebox and the decor is pretty worn-out. Despite all that , the rent isn’t cheap either since it’s in a commercial zone. But the good part is that it’s within walking distance of the office.
I would’ve loved to live in a cozy place, but I was afraid of being late for work if it’s too far. So I was really torn about which one to rent. Eventually, I signed the lease form the apartment near the lake so I could enjoy a better lifestyle. It turns out I made the right decision. Even though I had to get up really early every morning for work, I could have some fun biking along the lakeshore after work, which helped me. So I definitely made the light call.
Some IELTS Speaking part 2 cue-cards you may like :
- (2024) Describe a time when you got up early – IELTS Speaking Part 2 Free lesson
- (Update 2024) Describe a famous athlete you know Free
- (Update 2024) Describe a place in a village that you visited Free
- (Update 2024) Describe a person who impressed you most when you were in primary school – IELTS Speaking Part 2
- (2024) Describe a place you visited on vacation – IELTS Speaking Part 2