Table of Contents
IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Jewelry
Questions and Answers
1. Do you often wear jewelry?
No, I rarely wear jewelry in my daily routine. That’s because choosing the piece of jewelry to go well with the clothes is like a headache for me. That can backfire if I’m not doing right. That being said, wearing jewelry really helps to improve personal charm, so I’m gonna learn something about it soon.
2. What type of jewelry do you like?
Personally, I’m gonna say no to the type that is way too fancy. I prefer silver rings coz they are chic. I can also use two of them as a kind of pendant, hanging from the necklace. Then it must be the accessory that is one of a kind.
3. Do you usually buy jewelry?
As a rule, I don’t buy jewelry. After all I know nothing about it, but things change once in a while when I find the design having great originality. By the way, love the same jewelry of my idol, which is gonna cost me an arm and a leg, so it just happens sometimes.
4. Why do you think some people wear a piece of jewelry for a long time?
I guess one of the reasons is the jewelry is like the lucky charm for them. It’s a kind of tradition in China you know. People wear zodiac pendants from childhood. Another thing is, the jewelry may be given by someone who means a lot to some people, so it’s of great sentimental value.
|go with something /ɡəʊ/ (phrasal verb)||If one thing goes with another, they suit each other or they look or taste good together||I’m not sure that those shoes really go with that dress.|
|backfire /ˌbækˈfaɪər/ (verb)||to have the opposite result from the one you intended||Some hotel owners worry that the idea of attracting more visitors may backfire and make the place less attractive.|
|charm /tʃɑrm/ (noun)||a special quality of a person or thing that makes the person or thing attractive||I never could resist the charms of the city.|
|fancy /ˈfæn.si/ (adj)||decorative or complicated, or (of restaurants, stores, or hotels) expensive||a fancy hotel|
|chic /ʃiːk/ (adj)||stylish and fashionable||a chic restaurant|
Some IELTS Speaking part 1 topics you may like:
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 From May to August 2023
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 From May to August 2023
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Fast Food
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Music
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Staying Up
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Chocolate
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Noise
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Study and Work – Free Lesson
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Accommodation – Free Lesson
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Hometown – Free Lesson
- (Update 2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic The area you live in Free
Image : Photo by Cornelia Ng on Unsplash
Vocabulary: Cambridge Dictionary