Topic “The area you live in” often appears in IELTS Speaking Part 1. This is not a tough topic, but to be able to answer this part correctly, you need a relative vocabulary and the ability to develop natural ideas.
In this article, IELTS Quảng Bình will suggest to you some actual questions, sample answers, and less common vocabulary that you can use related to “IELTS Speaking Part 1 topic The area you live in“.
IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic The area you live in
Questions and Answers
1. Where do you like to go in that area?
There’s actually a mall that’s not too far from my house. It’s only a ten-minute drive for me, which isn’t bad at all. I like going there to hang out with my friends. Other than that, there’s a gym just down the road. I definitely don’t go there as often as I thought.
2. Do you know any famous people in the area you live in?
No, I don’t know any famous people who live near me. It would be so cool to live near a celebrity. But as far as I know, there aren’t any famous people around me. I’ll have to keep an eye out for. I would definitely love to hang out with a celebrity.
3. What are the changes of surroundings around your living place?
Well, When it comes to the changes to my neighborhood over the past few years, I think there’ve been more high-rise buildings built nearby so the area is denser than before. Besides, my favorite improvement of this area is the building of an outdoor gym where I work out on a regular basis.
4. Do you like the area that you live in?
My living place is in the city’s downtown area. Well, there are several tasty restaurants around my apartment, which is great for a foodie like me. And we also have a giant grocery store across the street and a small park nearby. So I have to say it’s a pretty livable place.
5. Do you think the place you are living at right now is suitable for a family with children?
Yes I do think so. I believe my neighbourhood is fairly safe and I live around the corner from a great elementary school. It’s a top-notch school district. So there are a lot of families with kids in this neighbourhood already. I moved here when I was a child myself. There are also beautiful parks near the neighborhood which are awesome for kids.
6. Do you think the place you are living at right now is suitable for elders?
No. I live on a steep hill and I’m not too close to any stores. I would worry about elderly people being able to navigate the neighbourhood safely, as the school nearby creates a lot of traffic on weekdays and the loud kids may become a nuisance. If an elderly person decided to move here, I’m sure they would make it work, but I think there are better alternatives.
|hang out (phrasal verb)||to spend a lot of time in a place or with someone|
|celebrity (noun)||someone who is famous, especially in the entertainment business|
|keep an eye out for (idiom)||to watch carefully for something|
|high-rise (noun)||a tall modern building with many floors|
|dense (adjective)||close together and difficult to go or see through|
|work out (phrasal verb)||to exercise in order to improve the strength or appearance of your body|
|foodie (noun)||a person who loves food and is very interested in different types of food|
|nuisance (noun)||something or someone that annoys you or causes trouble for you|
Some IELTS Speaking part 1 topics you may like:
- (2022) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Study and Work – Free Lesson
- (2022) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Hometown – Free Lesson
- (2022) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Accommodation – Free Lesson
- (2022) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic primary school – Free Lesson
- (2022) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Advertisements – Free Lesson
- (2022) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic car trip – Free Lesson
- (2022) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Sky and stars – Free Lesson
- (Update 2022) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Mirrors Free
- (Update 2022) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Dreams Free