IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Morning Time
1. Do you like getting up early in the morning?
Sample answer 1: Yes, I am a morning person, since I feel extra power in my body in the morning, and I usually get up at about 7, or slightly earlier than that. But if it is a weekend, I might wake up a bit later so I can relax a bit.
Sample answer 2: Well, yes, I do. I used to stay up very late and sleep until midday, but I decided to lead a more healthy life last year. Now I wake up with the chirping of birds outside every morning and watch the colour of the sky changes as the sun rises. Getting up early allows me to get more things done before lunch and also makes me more energetic during the day.
Sample answer 3: Yes, I wake up early in the morning as I like to give myself enough time to get ready and have breakfast before I go to my college. If I don’t get up early, I have to rush in the morning and sometimes miss my bus.
|midday (n) /ˌmɪdˈdeɪ/||twelve o’clock in the middle of the day|
|chirping (v) /tʃɜːp/||(especially of a bird) to make a short high sound or sounds|
|energetic (adj) /ˌen.əˈdʒet.ɪk/||having or involving a lot of energy||an energetic young woman|
2. What do you usually do in the morning?
Sample answer 1: After waking up, I usually get out of bed, of course, and i go into the kitchen and prepare my breakfast. If it is still early, I might cook an omelette, which is my favorite, but it is a bit time-consuming And then I’ll catch up with the recent news while having my breakfast. I do all this before I jump in the shower, clean myself and get ready for the day.
Sample answer 2: The first thing I usually do when I wake up is meditate for a few minutes. I would sit on my yoga mat with my legs crossed and try to focus on my breath. Practicing meditation gets me prepared for the new day both physically and mentally. After that, I’d make myself a nice breakfast, as a good day starts with a good meal. Another thing I do before setting out to work is I’d note down the important things I’m going to do for the day on my memo.
Sample answer 3: I like to start my morning with a cup of tea. I also play with my dog a bit and then get ready for college.
|omelette (n) /ˈɒm.lət/||a dish made by mixing eggs together and frying them, often with small pieces of other food such as cheese or vegetables||a cheese/mushroom omelette|
|time-consuming (adj) /ˈtaɪm.kənˌsjuː.mɪŋ/||A time-consuming task takes a lot of time to do||Producing a dictionary is a very time-consuming job.|
|catch up with (phrasal verb) /kætʃ/||to suggest or think of an idea or plan||She’s come up with some amazing scheme to double her income.|
|yoga mat||A yoga mat is a type of mat that is made specifically for practicing yoga.|
|memo /ˈmem.əʊ/||a message or other information in writing sent by one person or department to another in the same business organization.||Did you get my memo about the meeting?|
3. What did you do in the morning when you were little? Why?
Sample answer 1: Well, when I was a small kid, I needed to get up really early to go to school. So in the morning, it was like a battle. I hurried to get up, to clean myself, and to have breakfast, very chaotic. But at that time, we also went to bed early, so fair enough.
Sample answer 2: I remember I liked drawing when i was a little girl and I would spend a lot of time drawing on my sketchpad when I get up. Sometimes my mom would send me to my grandparents’ place on her way to work. My granddad is good at Chinese calligraphy and we would spend long hours practicing it together.
|chaotic (adj) /keɪˈɒt.ɪk/||in a state of chaos||The house is a bit chaotic at the moment – we’ve got all these extra people staying and we’re still decorating.|
|sketchpad (n) /ˈsketʃ.pæd/||(especially of a bird) to make a short high sound or sounds||a number of sheets of plain paper joined together for drawing on|
|calligraphy (n) /kəˈlɪɡ.rə.fi/||the art of producing beautiful writing, often created with a special pen or brush||an energetic young woman|
4. Are there any differences between what do you do in the morning now and what you did in the past?
Sample answer 1: The major difference lies in preparing breakfast. I used to live with my parents, and they would make breakfast for me, while now I live by myself, so I have to make meals for myself.
Sample answer 2: Oh yes. When I was in high school, I had to get up very early in the morning, because our first class started at 7:10. After getting into uni, I have more time at my disposal, so I can do whatever I wanna do after I get up. Sometimes, I’d go to the sports field for jogging because it’s always so empty at that time and I could have the whole place to myself. And sometimes, I would read some interesting books in my dorm room or go to the library for study.
5. Do you spend your mornings doing the same things on both weekends and weekdays? Why?
6. Do you get up early on weekends?
On weekends I don’t get up early. I let myself sleep in for an hour and sometimes even more. It depends on what time I get to bed on Friday night.
7. Which morning do you like the best in a week?
I like Sunday morning the best. My father doesn’t work on Sunday, and we are all home. My mom cooks a big brunch, and we get to spend the morning together.
Some IELTS Speaking part 1 topics you may like:
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 September to December 2022
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 September to December 2022
- (2022) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Daily routine – Free Lesson
- (Update 2022) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Birthday
- (Update 2022) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Social media Free Lesson
- (Update 2022) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Housework and cooking Free Lesson
- (Update 2022) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Puzzles Free Lesson
- (2022) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Names – Free Lesson
- (Update 2022) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Singing – Free Lesson
- (Update 2022) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Geography Free Lesson
- (2022) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Snacks – Free Lesson
- (2022) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Study and Work – Free Lesson
- (2022) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Accommodation – Free Lesson
- (2022) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Hometown – Free Lesson
- (Update 2022) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic The area you live in Free
Image : Photo by Julian Hochgesang on Unsplash
Vocabulary: Cambridge Dictionary