IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Birthday
1. What do you usually do on your birthday?
Sample answer 1: Actually, the whole birthday thing is a pretty big deal for me. As to how I celebrate my birthday, I usually eat out with my family or hang out with my friends, and make a birthday wish and the icing on the cake is that I can get lots of birthday gifts.
Sample answer 2: No matter how busy I am, I’ll spend the whole day doing what I really feel like doing and put off my work to the next day. I’d find a cafe with a nice ambience and stay there for the whole afternoon reading my favourite book. I’d certainly invite a bunch of my closest friends to dinner on my birthday and take a lot of photos with them.
2. What did you do on your birthday when you were young?
Sample answer 1: Actually, there were so many ways to celebrate the birthday, eating out, throwing a birthday party, singing karaoke, going clubbing and everything exciting.
Sample answer 2: What I remember most is eating the birthday cake with my family and friends. I was never a fan of cakes, but I always thought it’s important to have a beautiful birthday cake on one’s birthday. When the candles were lit and the light in the room was turned off, I’d say my prayers. It was a sacred moment. Besides, my mom would take me to somewhere I always wanted to go, like the amusement park or shopping mall.
3. Do you think it is important for you to celebrate your birthday?
A lot of people attach great importance to their birthdays, including myself. It
marks the beginning of a new year or even a new stage in my life and offers a great chance for me to reflect on what I’ve achieved so far and what I’m planning to accomplish in the near future. It’s also a time when I could meet my loved ones all at the same place and let them know how grateful I am to have them in my life.
4. Whose birthday do you think is the most important to celebrate in Vietnam?
I think the birthdays of people who have made the greatest contributions to our
society and our nation are worth celebrating, for example, the most
accomplished statesmen, the veterans who have defended the country, the
doctors who have saved the lives of people and the most distinguished scientists
who have made incredible scientific breakthroughs and so on.
5. Do you receive lots of gifts on your birthday?
Definitely. All of my family and friends know that I am a big fan of cologne. So they all buy me colognes as birthday gifts when my birthday comes.
6. With whom do you like to celebrate your birthday, family, friends or alone?
I prefer to celebrate my birthday with my family. I am a family guy, so I love to enjoy this precious time with my parents. After all, I can hang out with my friends all the time, but a birthday is a once-a-year thing.
7. Do you enjoy birthdays?
Sample answer 1: Yes, I do love them. There is so much fun associated with birthdays. You meet people, friends, play, put cakes and then sing birthday songs. We dance and sing and so much more. It is like we become kids once again.
Sample answer 2: I do enjoy birthdays. Birthdays bring along with them so much positivity and a feeling of freshness. It seems as if it is another chance to be someone else, someone better. You meet friends, enjoy with them, laugh at the silly things done and plan for the great future ahead.
Some IELTS Speaking part 1 topics you may like:
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 September to December 2022
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 September to December 2022
- (Update 2022) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Social media Free Lesson
- (Update 2022) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Housework and cooking Free Lesson
- (Update 2022) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Puzzles Free Lesson
- (2022) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Names – Free Lesson
- (Update 2022) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Singing – Free Lesson
- (Update 2022) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Geography Free Lesson
- (2022) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Snacks – Free Lesson
- (2022) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Study and Work – Free Lesson
- (2022) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Accommodation – Free Lesson
- (2022) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Hometown – Free Lesson
- (Update 2022) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic The area you live in Free
Image : Photo by Lidya Nada on Unsplash