IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Noise
Questions and Answers
1. Which do you think makes louder noise, in cities or in the countryside?
Sample 1: Noise in the cities is probably louder coz there are more people living and working in the regions. That causes the hustle and bustle of those places. And it also explains why young people today long for the idyllic and peaceful life in the countryside after retirement.
2. What noise do we have in cities?
Sample 1: The first kind of noise I can think of is the sound from construction sites, you know, like from the diggers and bulldozers. What’s even worse, some outdoor commercial performances can drive people nuts because of the deafening music.
3. What kind of noise do cars make?
Sample 1: When drivers start the engine, there’s gonna be the noise. And things get worse when they honk their horns on the street, which can be really annoying. In some cases, like if a driver hits the brake, the screech just freaks people out.
|hustle and bustle (idiom)||A large amount of activity and work, usually in a noisy surrounding.||She got used to the hustle and bustle of daily life.|
|long (verb)||to want something very much||I’m longing for news of him.|
|idyllic (adj) /ɪˈdɪl.ɪk/||An idyllic place or experience is extremely pleasant, beautiful, or peaceful||an idyllic village in the Yorkshire Dales|
|diggers (noun) /ˈdɪɡ.ər/||a machine used for digging||a mechanical digger|
|bulldozers (noun) /ˈbʊlˌdəʊ.zər/||a heavy vehicle with a large blade in front used for moving dirt and rocks and making the ground level.|
|drive someone nuts (idiom)||make someone very annoyed.|
|deafening (adj) /ˈdef.ən.ɪŋ/||extremely loud||The music was deafening.|
|honk (verb) /hɒŋk/||If a goose or a car horn honks, it makes a short, loud sound.||The cars honking (their horns) kept us awake half the night.|
|screech (noun) /skriːtʃ/||to make an unpleasant, loud, high noise||The car screeched to a halt/standstill|
|freak (someone) out (phrasal verb) /friːk/||to become or cause someone to become extremely emotional|
Some IELTS Speaking part 1 topics you may like:
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 January to April 2023
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 January to April 2023
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Staying Up
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Chocolate
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Study and Work – Free Lesson
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Accommodation – Free Lesson
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Hometown – Free Lesson
- (Update 2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic The area you live in Free
Image : Photo by Elyas Pasban on Unsplash
Vocabulary: Cambridge Dictionary