IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Music
Questions as Answers
1. What music do you like?
I love every type of music that is pleasing to the ear. Actually, it can be light music, powerful ballads and the one with fast rhythm, you name it. Listening to music is like the thing I do every day, which always puts me in a good mood.
2. What music do you dislike?
Well, perhaps rock and roll is the one that I don’t like so much. Don’t get me wrong! I’m not saying it’s not good. The point is, I just lack the ability to appreciate it. And to be honest with you, feeling the strong beat after work even sets my nerves on edge.
3. Do you often listen to one type of music?
No, I’d like different kinds of music after work, actually. If I’m doing the aerobic exercise, I definitely choose the pop music with fast tempo. On the other hand, before I go bed, I’m gonna listen to some soothing music.
4. What music do your friends like? Do you enjoy the same type of music?
I really have a thing for pop music and the same goes for most of my friends. By the way, some of them are crazy about rap music, which I had no special feelings about. Things changed after I had watched the live performance with my friends. It was awesome and I was totally taken by that.
5. What’s the most popular type of music where you live?
Well, nowadays the music that wins people’s heart is more or less the same in different regions because of the Internet and the hit TV shows you know. The music online or the soundtrack itself is just like the brainworm. Then many people can hum quietly to themselves.
6. Which singer or musician would you like to see in person?
l look forward to seeing Dan Truong in the future coz I’ve been a big fan of him since his debut. He is really charismatic, and down-to-earth in the interview. I’m gonna be psyched to meet him in person.
|pleasing (adj) /ˈpliː.zɪŋ/||giving a feeling of satisfaction or enjoyment||a pleasing performance|
|rhythm (noun) /ˈrɪð.əm/||a strong pattern of sounds, words, or musical notes that is used in music, poetry, and dancing||He beat out a jazz rhythm on the drums.|
|beat (noun) /biːt/||the main rhythm of a piece of music.||loud music with a repetitive beat|
|tempo (noun) /ˈtempəʊ/||the speed of a piece of music|
Some IELTS Speaking part 1 topics you may like:
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 January to April 2023
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 January to April 2023
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Staying Up
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Chocolate
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Noise
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Study and Work – Free Lesson
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Accommodation – Free Lesson
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Hometown – Free Lesson
- (Update 2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic The area you live in Free
Image : Photo by Mohammad Metri on Unsplash
Vocabulary: Cambridge Dictionary