IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Small Business
Questions and Answers
1. Do you know many small businesses where you live?
I’m afraid I know very little about small companies. It has something to do with brand awareness, you know. I’ve never heard of those companies’ names in the commercials. Maybe they’re startups and don’t have the hottest selling items, or the businesses specialize in something that I know nothing about.
2. Do you prefer buying things in big companies or small businesses?
I love both. I mean, I’m a loyal customer of some kind of skin care products from certain big brands. Also, I love the niche brands of small companies. That’s because it’s less likely for me to wear the same clothes as others.
3. Have you ever worked in small businesses?
No, went to a large company after graduation and have worked there for many years. I’ve learned a lot, you know, things from school of hard knocks. Another thing is, I’ve got to know many colleagues, who are also my good teachers and helpful friends.
4. Have you ever thought about starting your own business?
Well, it never crossed my mind. I mean, for the moment. Pioneering in the business needs courage because the owner has to bear risk. For me, I prefer to work freelance. In this way, I can balance my life and work better.
|brand awareness (noun) /ˌbrænd əˈweə.nəs/||knowledge of the name of a company and the products it sells||Outside of the UK, the company has low brand awareness.|
|startup (noun) /ˈstɑːt.ʌp/||a small business that has just been started||Start-ups are very vulnerable in the business world.|
|loyal customer (noun phrase) /lɔɪəl/||a loyal customer always buys the same product, uses the same store, etc.||Supermarkets should reward their most loyal customers.|
|niche (noun) /niːʃ/||an opportunity for a business to offer a product or service that is not offered by other businesses||a niche in sth. There is a niche in the market for this kind of product.|
Some IELTS Speaking part 1 topics you may like:
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 From May to August 2023
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 From May to August 2023
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Outer Space And Stars
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Jewelry
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Fast Food
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Music
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Staying Up
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Chocolate
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Noise
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Study and Work – Free Lesson
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Accommodation – Free Lesson
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Hometown – Free Lesson
- (Update 2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic The area you live in Free
Image : Photo by Jason Goodman on Unsplash
Vocabulary: Cambridge Dictionary