Describe a gift you would like to buy for your friend
You should say:
– What gift you would like to buy
– Who you would like to give it to
– Why you would like to buy a gift for him/her
– And explain why you choose that gift
Well, gifting is a way to express our love and affection towards others here I would like to talk about something special I am planning to gift. Actually, it’s my mother’s birthday the coming month and I have planned to get her a smartphone.
The fact is that, my mother still uses an old mobile which is not smartphone. She always pretends that she likes this simple handset but I know her nature. She always makes compromises when it comes to her because of her caring nature towards others. But I have planned that I will surprise her with a latest handset on her birthday. I have been saving my pocket money for a year now and last week I went to the market to check out the latest mobile phones. I have short listed one which I will gift her and I’m sure she will love it. This new device would be helpful to my mother in many way.
Firstly, when all family members go out for work she feels alone and bored but on smartphone she can remain active on social networking applications like Facebook and Instagram to spend her time in an interesting way. In addition, my mother has profound interest in cooking and loves to cook new food items and on her new phone, she can easily watch youtube videos to cook something special for family. Lastly, she is quite religious and fond of listening spiritual music which she can listen all the time using headphones without any disturbance. Now I am eagerly waiting for the day so that I can surprise my mother with this very special gift.
Some IELTS Speaking part 2 cue-cards you may like :
- 2022) Describe a person who solved a problem in a smart way – IELTS Speaking Part 2
- (Update 2022) Describe a person who impressed you most when you were in primary school – IELTS Speaking Part 2
- (Update 2022) Describe a skill that you learned from older people Free
1. When do people normally send gifts to others?
2. Do people give gifts or red packets on traditional festivals?
3. Is it hard to choose a gift?
4. Will people feel happy when receiving an expensive gift?
Image : Photo by Kira auf der Heide on Unsplash