Describe a good service you received
You should say:
– What was the service?
– When you received it?
– Who you were with?
And how you felt about it?
I am a shopaholic, and I love to purchase things. Here I would like to talk about a situation when I received a very good service from a shop in a shopping mall in XXXX city. Last month I went there with my cousins to buy some clothes for myself.
I wanted to buy a pair of jeans, and I had heard about this shop in XXXX city, which sells jeans of all top brands. We went straight to that shop, and the salesmen welcomed us with smiling faces. They started showing us various varieties and allowed us to try them on. We were very happy to know that Levis Company was offering a deal. We picked out the colours of our choice and happily made the purchase. Two pairs of jeans needed slight alterations in length, which they got done within an hour at no extra cost.
We were very happy with their prompt service. Later on, we enjoyed ourselves at the mall and had lunch there at a food outlet. In the evening we watched a movie in the same complex. When I came home and showed my jeans to my family, they also liked them a lot. I refer that shop to all my friends and relatives because of their services.
1. What do you think of the relationship between companies and consumers?
I think both companies and customers depend upon each other. Without sales, a company cannot succeed and grow, and without good companies, people cannot get good quality products and services. Thus, it is not surprising that the leading companies like Apple and Amazon also have the best customer service.
2. As a customer, what kinds of services would you expect to receive from a company?
I think companies should fullfill their promises most of all. For example, if companies make promises like one-day installation, the promised work should be done within one day. In addition, if the product provided doesn’t keep up to the standards promised, the company should apologise and reimburse the customers.
3. What kind of jobs involve coping with the public?
I think most service and sales jobs involve coping with the public. Services can be anything like car repair, product installations, healthcare services, teaching, etc. Similarly, although online shopping has reduced interaction, sales to a large extent still entail dealing with the public.
4. Why should companies react quickly when customers have difficulties?
I think it is important to proactively deal with customer’s complaints and difficulties because it can harm the brand reputation of the company, and in today’s competitive era, brand image is paramount to success. In fact, it is also one of the major reasons why companies today are taking on social responsibilities.
Some IELTS Speaking part 2 cue-cards you may like :
- (Update 2022) Describe an item on which you spent more than expected – IELTS Speaking Part 2 Free
- (Update 2022) Describe a cafe you like to visit Free
- (2022) Describe a time when you got up early – IELTS Speaking Part 2 Free lesson
- (Update 2022) Describe a rule that you don’t like Free
- (Update 2022) Describe a thing you did to learn another language Free
- (Update 2022) Describe a person who impressed you most when you were in primary school – IELTS Speaking Part 2
Image : Photo by Cytonn Photography on Unsplash