IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Friends
1. How important are friends to you?
Oh, friends are incredibly important to me. I don’t have a wide circle of friends, just a few very close ones I’ve met in different stages of my life, because I think the quality of friendship matters more to me than the number of friends.
My friends are very dear to me because they are the people who give me good advice when I need it most, they are the people who take good care of me when I get sick in school, they are the people I enjoy hanging out with during our leisure time.
Friends are absolutely essential to me for many good reasons. It is a dog-eat-dog world out there, and friends provide me with emotional support, which help me keep going.
Additionally, friends can provide social opportunities for me to engage in activities and, if needed, help me solve unexpected problems.
What’s really important is that friends can offer a sense of belonging and acceptance, which is critical in modern society where people often feel like strangers. This can improve my overall quality of life.
2. Do you often go out with your friends?
Yes, I can’t tell you exactly how often we hang out together, but I would make sure we go out and have meals together on a regular basis to catch up with one another.
Sometimes, when I’m temporarily tied with my schoolwork/work and couldn’t meet them, I would have a video chat with them to see how they are doing. It’s very important for good friends to stay in contact.
Not as much as I would like to. I’m just having too much on my plate in recent years, with all the studying abroad, internship and maintaining a good GPA, etc. So now I only go out with my best friends once every month or so.
Since we are all busy with life, we just hang out at the mall, enjoy some delicious meals, and watch a movie.
3. Where do you often meet each other?
I love meeting my friends in places like a shopping mall, a newly opened restaurant, the city library or a bookstore, a café, you name it.
Sometimes, I’d invite my friends to sleep over and talk about anything we are interested in while lying on the bed.
4. What do you usually do with your friends?
One of the things we usually do is trying out a restaurant that goes viral, because enjoying delicious food is just such an important part of our life, right? we’d also meet for afternoon tea to have a little chat about our life. Besides, we love going on short trips together to cities and towns nearby especially on weekends. We’d also travel abroad during long holidays.
Some IELTS Speaking part 1 topics you may like:
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 From May to August 2023
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 From May to August 2023
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Rain
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Languages
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Bags
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Wild Animals
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Ice Cream
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Fixing Things
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Concentration
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Concentration Free Lesson
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Study and Work – Free Lesson
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Accommodation – Free Lesson
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Hometown – Free Lesson
- (Update 2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic The area you live in Free
Image : Photo by Chang Duong on Unsplash