Describe a special cake you received from others
You should say:
– When it happened
– Where it happened
– Who you got the cake from
– And explain why it’s a special cake
Being a big-time food fanatic, I love tasting mouth-watering delicacies. As far as desserts are concerned, I have a liking for cake. Although I have tasted cake numerous times, the one I had savored during my last birthday was special, and I enjoyed that the most.
During my last birthday, the world was going through the second wave of the Corona pandemic. Due to that, my city was in a state of lockdown. There is no denying this conviction that a birthday party is incomplete without cake. So on my birthday, my friends baked a cake for me at our home. As going out was not an option for us. So, my sister made the cake by using the ingredients available at home.
First, she baked the bread, and for that, she used whole wheat flour. For the icing on the cake, she made whipped cream from milk. And she further garnished the cake with Choco chips and fruits. I liked the cake because my friends baked it out of love and affection for me. Despite being newbies at cooking, they did tremendous hard work, and after watching umpteen videos on YouTube, they baked a mouth-watering cake for me.
As it was her first attempt, I was apprehensive regarding the taste of the cake. However, to my surprise, it was far beyond my expectation. And the smile my friends had on their faces after getting accolades from me would always remain etched in my memories. In totality, that is the best cake I have ever tasted in my life.
1. What are the differences between special food made in Vietnam and other countries?
I think food is a big part of Vietnamese culture and we love to prepare big feasts on special occasions. I think the difference between special food in Vietnam and other countries is that it’s mostly vegetarian. Secondly, there is high use of spices in Vietnamese food, even some desserts have spices.
2. Why are some people willing to spend a lot of money on meals on special days?
I think it’s because a lot of family members and relatives are together during these days and having special meals makes such events more memorable. I think festivals, in general, make us happier and because of the good mood, we don’t mind spending a bit extra on the holidays.
3. Do you think it’s good to communicate when eating with your family?
I think it’s one of the best times to communicate with family members. First, when having food, we are in a better mood, so we are less likely to get into arguments. In addition, people are free during this time, so the communication can we without any distraction.
Some IELTS Speaking part 2 cue-cards you may like :
- (Update 2022) Describe a bicycle/motorcycle/car trip you would like to go – IELTS Speaking Part 2 Free
- (2022) Describe a time when you got up early – IELTS Speaking Part 2 Free lesson
- (Update 2022) Describe a famous athlete you know Free
- (Update 2022) Describe a good service you received Free
- (Update 2022) Describe a cafe you like to visit Free
Image : Photo by David Holifield on Unsplash