Table of Contents
IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Fast Food
Questions and Answers
1. What do you have for breakfast?
Sample 1: If I’m in a rush, I probably go to the street stalls and grab a bite to eat. And scallion pancake is my favorite. If I don’t sleep in, I just eat something at home, like, some whole wheat bread together with beef, an omelet and an apple.
Sample 2: I usually have simple food at breakfast like buns and soy milk or sometimes breakfast cereal. When I get up late and don’t have so much time for breakfast, I just grab a piece of bread.
2. Do you eat fast food?
Sample 1: Yeah, I do have fast food you know, it tastes good. The thing is, I just eat this kind of food occasionally because it’s very high in calories, and is not so good for health. After that, have to work out in the gym to burn off the calories.
Sample 2: Yes, of course. Fast food like McDonalds and Pizza Hut are my favorite. This kind of food tastes good and more importantly, it’s quick to have and I don’t need to cook. I know that some people think fast food is unhealthy for high levels of sugar, fat or salt. But it’s definitely a good option when you are running late and don’t have time to cook.
3. What are the different kinds of fast food in China?
There are many kinds actually, and I just wanna talk about two of them. The first one is Luosifen, river snails rice noodle from Liu Zhou. It smells awful but tastes great. Another one is ham sausage. It’s a good choice to have it with congee, or instant noodles.
|rush (noun) /rʌʃ/||a situation in which you have to hurry or move somewhere quickly||I’m sorry I can’t talk now, I’m in a rush.|
|stall (noun) /stɔːl/||a small shop with an open front or a table from which goods are sold||a market stall|
|scallion (noun) /ˈskæliən/||a small onion with a white part at the bottom and long, green leaves which is eaten in salads|
|omelet (noun) /ˈɒmlət/||a food made with eggs that have been mixed and fried, often with other foods added||a cheese omelette|
|buns (noun) /bʌn/||a small, round cake||an iced bun|
|soy milk (noun) /ˈsɔɪ ˌmɪlk/||a liquid from soy beans that people use instead of milk|
|cereal (noun) /ˈsɪə.ri.əl/||a plant that is grown to produce grain||cereal crops|
|burn off (phrasal verb) /bɜrn/||If you burn off pounds or something that you have eaten, you do exercise||We eat too much and don’t burn it off with enough exercise.|
Some IELTS Speaking part 1 topics you may like:
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 January to April 2023
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 January to April 2023
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Music
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Staying Up
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Chocolate
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Noise
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Study and Work – Free Lesson
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Accommodation – Free Lesson
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Hometown – Free Lesson
- (Update 2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic The area you live in Free
Image : Photo by Haseeb Jamil on Unsplash
Vocabulary: Cambridge Dictionary