Table of Contents
IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Old buildings
1. Have you ever seen some old buildings in your city?
Yeah of course, in Chengdu, there are many old buildings that have been well preserved and Actually, some of them are even vibrant. If you go to places like Sino-ocean Taikoo Li Chengdu, It is famous as an urban hub, but the best thing about this place is that it actually has kept its thousand-year-old temple, which I believe is something we should be proud of.
2. Do you think we should keep old buildings in cities?
If really depends, if we are talking about old buildings that have cultural and historic flavour or some unique architectural style, it should be kept. but when it comes to buildings that are unsafe and in very bad condition(dilapidated), why not just demolish them and build more high-rise building to solve the housing problems in cities?
3. Do you prefer living in an old building or a modern house?
Modern house, no doubt! I want to enjoy the conveniences of modern, high-rise
buildings, Where I can enjoy the spacious and well-ventilated rooms equipped with modern facilities such as air conditioning and lift. These are something that you can hardly enjoy in an old building, though most old buildings can be refurbished,
So Why not choose the modern one and enjoy?
4. Are there any old buildings you want to see in the future? Why?
Some IELTS Speaking part 1 topics you may like:
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 September to December 2022
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 September to December 2022
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Study and Work – Free Lesson
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Accommodation – Free Lesson
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Hometown – Free Lesson
- (Update 2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic The area you live in Free
- (Update 2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Computers Free
- (Update 2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Talents Free
Image : Photo by Kelly George Hiles on Unsplash