Table of Contents
IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Street market
1. What do people usually buy at the street market?
Well, a lot. Fast food, snacks, fruits, vegetables, sometimes we can also buy some cheap clothes, or toys.
2. Do you prefer to go shopping in the shopping mall or on the street market?
To be honest, I prefer to go to the shopping malls for daily use. Comparing to the street markets, the quality are guaranteed in bigger markets, and quality is the key for purchasing. It’s better to spend more money for a better using experience.
3. When was the last time you went to a street market?
Last Sunday, I often go to the street market on weekends, and usually go there for fresh vegetables and tasty food that I can’t have on weekdays. I went to the market with my colleagues last weekend for a less-known breakfast that invented by the vendor himself.
4. Are there many street markets in China?
Sample answer 1: Yes, street markets are widespread in my country, even one to two street markets are in every local community. Most of the people prefer to buy products from street markets because, in that way, they not only save their money but fulfill their all needs.
Sample answer 2: Yes, absolutely. There are many different kinds of street markets all around China, we can buy anything we need or like in the markets. And in some provinces in China, the governments arranged some specific places for vendors to set their business done.
5. What does the street market sell?
Well, a street market is usually a group of vendors that sell different items independently. They sell some retailed items, or they sell their products.
6. Do you go to the street market?
Yes, I do, I visit the street market twice a month. I never miss any opportunity to check a new collection of that market. The street market contains various materials, like clothes, kitchen accessories, decorative stuff and many more things at a low price.
7. Why do you think people go to the street market?
Everyone wants to fulfill all their desires, but many people cannot afford it because they do not have enough money for it, so they buy things from the street market as this market provide different material at very affordable prices. On the other hand, some people buy items/ products from the street market because, in that way, they can save a lot.
8. When you travel abroad, do you go to street markets?
I do not get the opportunity to travel abroad, but in the future, if I had the chance to go to a foreign country, I will surely visit the street market to get new experience.
9. What is the difference between a street market and a supermarket?
Well, a street market is usually a group of vendors that sell different items independently. They sell some retailed items, or they sell their products. On the other hand, the supermarket sells different kinds of products, but it contains branded products that are more expensive than those in street markets.
10. Do you enjoy going to street markets?
Yes, I like going to the street market. I go to the market with my mother to buy home accessories and sometimes go with my friends to eat street food and enjoy a lot.
11. Do you often go to the supermarket?
Yes, I go to the supermarket, but not too often. When I have a special occasion like wedding parties, the official function, I visit the supermarket to buy some branded clothes and other accessories.
Some IELTS Speaking part 1 topics you may like:
- (Update 2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Daily routine Free
- (Update 2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Cinemas Free
- (Update 2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Taking photos Free
- (Update 2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 TV program Free
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Weekend – Free Lesson
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Getting lost – Free Lesson
- (Update 2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Cars Free
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Study and Work – Free Lesson
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Hometown – Free Lesson
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Accommodation – Free Lesson
Image : Photo by kabita Darlami on Unsplash