Describe an important thing you learned (not at school or college)
You should say:
– What it was
– When you learned it
– How you learned it
– And explain why it was important
Concerning a lesson outside campus, what comes to my mind immediately is how to play ukulele a kind of instrument that gives me limitless freedom to be immersed in the music world, and I acquire the skill for free from my friend Salsa who has been playing guitar for many years.
The musical instrument has transforming effect for me because by playing the instrument could I gain more insight into my inner-self and learn that every skill could be learned through intensive practice. Therefore, | could try to learn a multitude of skills in the near future.
Also, I have to both work and study in my daily life, in which I must cope with too much stress. The instrument has great soothing effect for my nerves. Once I start to play, I calm down and become very relaxed. Familiar melody played by my own fingers sounds very different from the sound from the digital players.
Besides, learning ukelele helps me to lay a solid foundation for playing the guitar, which is another romantic instrument I hope to learn. They are like relatives, closely linked in the way of playing, including finger placement number of strings, etc.
In a nutshell, the instrument playing has been an inseparable part of my life.
1. What can children from parents?
They gain oceans of knowledge from their patents, including some knowledge, like in history, astronomy, or any thing their parents are familiar with. Also they are taught many skills by their parents, such as cooking, reading and writing, and stuff like that.
2. Do you think some children are well-behaved because they are influenced by their parents?
Definitely. Children spend majority of the time with their parents when they form very important behaviors, such as being polite , being helpful, being aware of public places and keeping quiet. There is an old saying in China goes” A good parent is the first and best teacher for a kid.”, which pretty much points out the importance of home education.
3. Is it necessary for adults to learn new things?
As a saying goes, it is never too old to learn. Adults have formed very stable knowledge to satisfy their job , but they need further knowledge to benefit themselves, such as management knowledge for promotion opportunity, hiking knowledge for entertainment, etc. I don’t think anyone and learn everything in this world, so, well, keep learning.
4. How can people learn new things?
People acquire knowledge in various ways, such as by chatting and listening to people, through reading a book, or attending some workshops.They also learn much from their daily lives. Moreover, it is so convenient for us to learn something new through Internet nowadays. There are websites for courses in the university, which means you can study the same thing with a student in Harvard or Cambridge synchronously. That is amazing
Some IELTS Speaking part 2 cue-cards you may like :
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 September to December 2022
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 September to December 2022
- (Update 2022) Describe a Time You Received Positive Feedback IELTS Cue Card
- (2022) Describe a Difficult Thing You Did and Succeeded IELTS Cue Card
- (2022) Describe an Object That You Think is Beautiful – IELTS Speaking Part 2
- (Update 2022) Describe a special day out that cost you little money Free lesson
- (Update 2022) Describe a positive change that you made in your life Free lesson
- Describe a Time You Made a Decision to Wait for Something IELTS Cue card
Image : Photo by Giovanni Ribeiro on Unsplash