Describe a positive change that you made in your life
You should say:
– What it is
– Why you did it
– Who you did it with
– And explain how you feel about the change
I’m sure we as people bring in positive and negative changes to our lives now and then, but let me elaborate on one that changed my life completely.
The first time I migrated to a different state, after completing my education, five years ago. Initially, I was thrilled to experience a new culture and make new friends. Very soon, I realized that I was going to be all by myself. Since I have lived an overprotective life in a shell, it was difficult to become independent for me out of the blue.
Right from cooking to cleaning, running my errands, doing laundry, driving, and forgetting that I went there to work. I was absolutely terrified to be living on my own. I had never lived such a life because I lived with my family, and chores were equally divided amongst us. However, I realized that it was for my good, and it changed me as a person as time passed by.
I became independent, confident, more aware of things going around me like grocery or fuel prices and learning how to fix the car. I am so grateful for that opportunity in my life, or else I’d still be in a cocoon.
1. How is your country changing?
My country is evolving in many ways such as online studying option did not come in anyone’s mind, but as we know after striking the pandemic, classes are taken on various platforms such as zoom, google meet with helps us to ease the problems of studies and so the further loss of students while taking care of children safety.
2. What changes have smartphones brought to our lives?
Well, mobile phones have become the heart of human beings, it’s impossible to live without these things. It has changed our lives in many ways, such as during pandemic, and we were not able to go to the market to buy vegetables, so with the facility of apps with the one-button go, we can buy vegetables and even get home delivery. Moreover, mobiles helped us to ease some works such as paying the bill online, paying a light bill online, online shopping, etc.
3. Do you think change is good?
Well change can be both good and bad. It really depends upon on the change and why we are making the change. In the end, if we are changing for the right reasons, to make our ourselves better, then changing is definitely good. However, if we are being forced to change or if we are developing negative habits like drinking, smoking due to stress or peer pressure, I would consider it bad.
4. What are some of the major changes that usually occur to people in our lives?
I think changes occur throughout our life. First are the physical and hormonal changes which occur when we go through puberty like developing facial hair, deepening of voice and so on. Then, it is mental maturity, which occurs as we experience and face different things. We learn how to deal with issues and face challenges.
5. Is it important for people to make changes according to their surroundings?
Yes, I think there is no problem in changing according to surroundings as long we don’t feel like we are changing our identity because of these changes. For example, when in a foreign country, it is perfectly fine to try about foreign clothes and dishes. At the same time, if a person is a vegetarian, I wouldn’t consider it fine to try non-vegetarian just a fit in
Some IELTS Speaking part 2 cue-cards you may like :
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 May to August 2022
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 May to August 2022
- (Update 2022) Describe something that surprised you Free lesson
- (Update 2022) Describe something you do that can help you concentrate on work or study Free lesson
- (Update 2022) Describe a contest or competition you would like to participate in Free lesson
- (Update 2022) Describe a family member who you want to work with in the future Free lesson
- (Update 2022) Describe a time you were very busy Free lesson
- (Update 2022) Describe an important river/lake in your country Free lesson
- (Update 2022) Describe an interesting neighbor Free lesson
- (Update 2022) Describe a place in a village that you visited Free
- (Update 2022) Describe a long walk you ever had Free
Image : Photo by Kenny Eliason on Unsplash