Table of Contents
Describe something that surprised you
You should say:
What it is
How you found out about it
What you did
And explain whether it made you happy
No doubt, surprises and good news always delight a person and bring a huge smile on their face. Though there have been many surprising moments in my life.
But one that I am going to share here is the surprise: that my sister gave me on my 16th birthday. My elder sister, who has been living in Canada for a long time now, couldn’t travel to India for almost 5 years without any intimation.
She arrived on my 16th birthday, and I was on cloud nine to see her on the doorsteps as she entered; she gave me a warm hug and wished me happy birthday and handed over a parcel to me as I opened the parcel, I couldn’t believe my eye because it was the latest iPhone handset that I was dreaming for a long time I was super happy on this day because nothing could have been a better gift for me on this special day.
But this was not it because my sister had already arranged a celebration in the city’s most expensive restaurant where she had already invited all her friends and relatives. I was so happy and grateful to my sister, who made all these arrangements. We all enjoyed the party to the fullest, and it gave me the chance to share my happiness with everyone. During this celebration, many photographs were clicked, and I still have those and whenever I check out these photographs, I recall the memories and the surprise that my sister gave.
Overall, it was a wonderful surprise that my sister gave and I can never forget.
1. How do people express happiness in your culture?
I guess the most common way is to smile or laugh. Also, some people will throw a party and invite their family members or friends to celebrate together. Another popular way is to post a message on social media and share their happiness with their followers. Besides, in certain circumstances, people weep tears of joy when they are super happy.
2. Do you think happiness has any effect on people? How?
Being happy not only makes people feel better, but also improves their health. Happy people are less stressed and they are more likely to lead a healthy lifestyle. Happiness also contributes to a better immune system and may even increase people’s life expectancy.
3. How can people be happy?
In my view, if people always look on the bright side of life, they will become optimistic and satisfied with their present situation. In addition, people can make friends with those who have positive attitudes towards life, then they will be influenced by their happy friends and become bright and cheerful.
4. Is it good for people to be unhappy? Why?
Well, it is hard to say whether it is good or not. No matter how people feel, it is real and part of living. Sometimes a negative emotion may be helpful. For example, when people feel unhappy or sad, some of them will slow down and think about their life, their feelings and the people around them. In this aspect, it is good for people to improve themselves.
Some IELTS Speaking part 2 cue-cards you may like :
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 May to August 2022
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 May to August 2022
- (Update 2023) Describe something you do that can help you concentrate on work or study Free lesson
- (Update 2023) Describe a contest or competition you would like to participate in Free lesson
- (Update 2023) Describe a family member who you want to work with in the future Free lesson
- (Update 2023) Describe a time you were very busy Free lesson
- (Update 2023) Describe an important river/lake in your country Free lesson
- (Update 2023) Describe an interesting neighbor Free lesson
- (Update 2023) Describe a place in a village that you visited Free
- (Update 2023) Describe a long walk you ever had Free
Image : Photo by Jon Tyson on Unsplash