Describe a special day out that cost you little money
You should say:
– When the day was
– Where you went
– How much you spent
– And explain how you feel about the day
Although I am not from a rich family, I’m absolutely willing to splurge on stuff on special occasions. Off the top of my head, there was a time when four of my closest friends and I went out for dinner on my birthday, but I didn’t spend as much money as I had expected.
We made up our mind to go for a newly opened restaurant within a stone’s throw from my house. As it’s their opening day, there were special offers and discounts for us to claim, and it really hit the spot as most of us were running short of cash for the time being. Without much hesitation, we entered and started ordering food. I was trying to be less stingy and asked my friends to order as much as they could because I would be the person to foot the bill on my birthday.
We ordered a total of 7 dishes, ranging from beef and pork to seafood and beer. We ate to our heart’s content as the foods were absolutely out of this world, much more delicious than other diners I had been to. After having relished the meal, I asked for the bill, and the sum really gave me a surprise. It was just 50 dollars, too inexpensive for a 7-course meal, but anyway I settled the bill without even asking the waitress why it was so cheap.
The occasion was quite meaningful to me because I had the chance to meet up with my friends after such a long time as they are living and working quite far from me. We had a whale of a time without having to shell out too much cash on the dinner.
1. Young people go out more or old people, why?
Without a shadow of a doubt, the youths are likely to hang out more than the older citizens for the fundamental reason that they are physically robust enough to be on the move. Young people are dynamic and love going about in the town, while the weak old people are often confined to their beds or wheelchairs, which greatly decreases their mobility though they may wish to go out really much.
2. People prefer to go out or stay indoors today? Do you prefer to relax with your friends in a park or an indoor place?
I’d say I generally prefer to relax with my friends somewhere indoors, because I mean, if I’m meeting up with them in a park, then everything could be ruined by the weather. So it’s a bit easier arranging to meet somewhere indoors. Having said that though, if it’s a really nice day out, then I suppose I would prefer to be outside with them somewhere, like a park.
3. How often do you like to hang out with friends?
Hanging out with intimate friends helps me to relieve tense moments at work as well as keep indelible memories with them, which gives me a necessary balance in life. Therefore, I usually hang out with my buddies once or twice a week despite my busy schedule at work.
4. Who do you usually like to hang out with?
I love going out with my intimate friends simply because while being with them, I know that I’m accepted by who I am so I can share with them all my feelings and emotions without any fear of being judged or looked down on.
5. Do teenagers spend much more money than before?
Yes, teenagers spend a lot more money than before because the average income of families has grown as compared to the past. Moreover, since there are nuclear families nowadays, parents like to fulfil the wishes of their children and in order to make them happy they give them more pocket money to spend.
6. How can people save as much money as possible?
Well, there are a lot of ways to save money nowadays. People can invest their money in small savings schemes floated by the government . They can also keep a certain amount of money from their incomes every month and save it for later.
Some IELTS Speaking part 2 cue-cards you may like :
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 May to August 2022
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 May to August 2022
- (Update 2023) Describe a positive change that you made in your life Free lesson
- (Update 2023) Describe something that surprised you Free lesson
- (Update 2023) Describe something you do that can help you concentrate on work or study Free lesson
- (Update 2023) Describe a contest or competition you would like to participate in Free lesson
- (Update 2023) Describe a family member who you want to work with in the future Free lesson
- (Update 2023) Describe a time you were very busy Free lesson
- (Update 2023) Describe an important river/lake in your country Free lesson
- (Update 2023) Describe an interesting neighbor Free lesson
- (Update 2023) Describe a place in a village that you visited Free
- (Update 2023) Describe a long walk you ever had Free
Image : Photo by Dan Gold on Unsplash