Table of Contents
Describe a Person Who Inspired You to do Something Interesting
You should say:
– Who he she is
– How you knew him/her
– What interesting thing you did
– And explain how he/she inspired you to do it
A person who inspired me to do something interesting is my good friend Amy. She is a humorous, lovely and helpful person, and she has a head of black hair, small eyes, small nose and a big mouth. She studies very well, starting from the first grade she has been the monitor of our class and my best friend. She is not tall but very kind to help others. When I’m with her, I feel very comfortable. She is so cute that I often want to play a trick on her.
Last weekend, she came to play with me. After lunch, Amy went to sleep and I felt a little bit bored. Suddenly, an interesting idea came to my mind. I took four color pens to my bedroom. And then, I helped Amy put her lipstick on with a red pen, painted her face with a yellow pen, drew the left eyebrow with a blue pen and drew the right with a green pen. Finally, I drew a very funny makeup for her. And then I went back to watch TV.
About half an hour later, she shouted out loudly when she was doing with her hair. I laughed loudly, because she was shocked by herself, then laughing and running after me.
1. What qualities make someone as a role model?
Well, I think confidence makes someone as a role model. Confidence is to trust yourself. Confidence is to look upon yourself. It is not to indulge in self-admiration. It is not to get extremely arrogant. It is not to get dizzy with success or to be opinionated. It is just to inspire yourself ahead of a quality of mind, in high spirit, full of energy. It is to meet the challenges of life in a positive mood. It is to overcome your inferiority, farewell, to get rid of the trouble of a ready-made panacea.
2. Why should children learn from role models?
I think it is because good examples can cultivate children to be better people. The saying that parents are the mirrors to their kids. Indeed, we can judge the adults from the kids’ behaviors. Take my aunt for example, she is a teacher and she has a daughter. Everyone praises my cousin as they talk about her, because she is polite and helpful. My aunt sets the good example for her.
3. Who can influence children more, teachers or parents?
Admittedly, the influence of parents on children is very deep, because parents, primary teachers in the life of children, set the first role models for them to learn and imitate. However, I think teachers make greater contributions to the overall growth of children. For example, compared with some parents who have low- level or even no education, teachers are professionally educated and trained in formal university, and well-experienced in teaching. That is to say, school teachers are more advantageous and influential, in terms of comprehensively and accurately instructing, explaining and demonstrating common knowledge.
4. What kind of international news inspires people?
I think the international news about equality can inspire people. In this society, lots of women have received education equaliy. However, when they apply for a job, it is common that our society would like to accept a boy rather than a girl, even though the girl is better than her male competitors. All people should be treated equally.
We should keep one word in mind that women are the mother of all the living. We should treat woman equally, and give them deference.
Some IELTS Speaking part 2 cue-cards you may like :
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 September to December 2022
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 September to December 2022
- (Update 2023) Describe a Time when You Needed to Search for Information IELTS Cue Card
- (2023) Describe an Outdoor Activity You Did in a New Place Recently IELTS Cue Card
- (2023) Describe a Story or Novel You Have Read That You Found Interesting IELTS Cue Card
- (Update 2023) Describe a Time You Received Positive Feedback IELTS Cue Card
- (Update 2023) Describe a Photo that you are Proud of IELTS Cue Card
- (Update 2023) Describe a special day out that cost you little money Free lesson
- (Update 2023) Describe a positive change that you made in your life Free lesson
- Describe a Time You Made a Decision to Wait for Something IELTS Cue card
Image : Photo by Brooke Cagle on Unsplash