Table of Contents
IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Library
Questions and Answers
1. Do you often go to library?
No. I just go to library if I have to, maybe once a week. That’s because there are always some people doing things that are really annoying like, making a big noise of page turning or talking in whispers all the time. And it’s very hard to grab a seat in the library because most seats are saved by the people who never show up.
2. What do you usually do in the library?
For the most part, I check out the books I need and flick through the papers in the reading area. By the way, I probably spend the whole afternoon in the library cramming for the exam. It’s very helpful to be absorbed in the work itself with my earphones on.
3. Did you go to library when you were a kid?
Actually, that’s a complete blur to me. I guess I did coz parents always hope their kid can do well in school and succeed in life. My parents are no exception, you know, to take me to the library checking out some books, and tell me bedtime stories.
4. Do Chinese kids often go to library?
I guess the answer is no because most kids are crazy about amusement parks, but it’s hard to say. If parents have the habit of reading every day, their kids are more likely to be unconsciously influenced, and become the library goers because they love books so much.
|whisper (noun) /ˈwɪs.pər/||a way of speaking very quietly, using the breath but not the voice, so that only the person close to you can hear you||I heard whispers outside my room.|
|flick through something (phrasal verb) /flɪk/||to look quickly at the pages of a magazine, book, etc.|
|cramming for /kræm/||to try to learn a lot very quickly before an exam||She’s cramming for her history exam.|
|absorbed in (adj) /əbˈzɔːbd/||very interested in something and not paying attention to anything else||Simon was so absorbed in his book that he didn’t even notice me come in.|
Some IELTS Speaking part 1 topics you may like:
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 From May to August 2023
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 From May to August 2023
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Small Business
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Outer Space And Stars
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Jewelry
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Fast Food
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Music
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Staying Up
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Chocolate
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Noise
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Study and Work – Free Lesson
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Accommodation – Free Lesson
- (2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic Hometown – Free Lesson
- (Update 2023) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic The area you live in Free
Image : Photo by Iñaki del Olmo on Unsplash
Vocabulary: Cambridge Dictionary