Table of Contents
Describe a Successful Person Who You Once Studied Or Worked With
You should say:
- Who this person is
- When you studied/ worked with this person
- What you did together
- What this person did to become successful
- And explain how you felt about studying or working with this person
Sample Answer 1
A successful person I studied with is Mr. Roberto, one of my classmates at the language center. We were IELTS classmates for roughly two months.
While we were in class together, we would, of course, practice our conversation and writing skills together. And during the downtimes, we’d chat about life. He’s much older than me, so he’d often share life stories in the hope I’d pick up some life lessons I could use.
I consider him successful since he owns several convenience stores. He said he was already happy with just one, but it turned out that he was talented in doing business and the store was run very well, so he was encouraged to open a few more. To further improve his operations, he took up some online business courses and studied the ins and outs of convenience stores similar to his, particularly the big multinational chains.
Though I’m not business-minded, studying with him was an eye-opener because he applied this dedication to be the best in our IELTS studies. While I was content with what the instructors told us, he did additional research, checking online blogs and IELTS websites to compare strategies. Somehow, the two months with him changed my perspective for the better about preparing myself to be successful in whatever I do, too.
Sample Answer 2
The successful person I’d like to talk about is my former classmate, Sarah. We studied together in high school, and she has been a source of inspiration for many of us.
What set Sarah apart was her determination to do well in her studies. She actively participated in class discussions and always had a good grasp of the subjects. She wasn’t just focused on getting good grades, but genuinely enjoyed learning.
One memorable instance was when we worked on a group project for our history class. Sarah took the lead in organizing our research and presentation. She had a knack for simplifying complex historical events, making them more understandable for all of US.
Sarah’s success can be attributed to her consistent efforts and her ability to stay organized. She set realistic goals for herself and managed her time effectively. This disciplined approach really paid off, and it was evident in her grades.
Working with Sarah was a positive experience for me. She was always willing to help others and created a supportive learning environment. Her success motivated me to take my studies more seriously and to set clear goals for myself.
Overall, Sarah’s achievements in high school were a result of her dedication and effective study habits. She was not only a successful student but also a great team player and a supportive classmate.
1. Is money the only measure of success in your country?
Well, in many corners of the world, including where I am from, the big bucks do play a role in how success is perceived.
But, it’s a bit of a mixed bag. While a fat bank account can raise some eyebrows and get heads nodding, other markers, like making a difference in the community or achieving personal goals, are equally, if not more, celebrated.
So, while money’s a part of the equation, it’s far from the be-all and end-all.
Some IELTS Speaking part 2 cue-cards you may like :
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 From September to December 2023
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 From September to December 2023
- (2023) Describe a Time When You Had a Problem With Using The Computer
- (2023) Describe a Beautiful City
- (2023) Describe a Person Who Always Has Interesting Ideas Or Opinions
- (2023) Describe a Place In Your Country That You Think Is Interesting
- (2023) Describe a Difficult Task That you Completed At Work/Study That You Felt Proud Of
- (2023) Describe a Time That Something Changed Your Life In Good Ways
- (2023) Describe a Good Advertisement That You Think Is Useful
- (2023) Describe a Bad Service You Received In a Restaurant/Shop
- (2023) Describe a Rule That Is Important In Your School Or At Work
- (2023) Describe a Drawing/Painting That You Like
Image : Photo by Vitolda Klein on Unsplash