Table of Contents
Describe something that was broken in your home and then repaired
You should say:
– What it is
– How it was broken
– How you got it repaired
And how you felt about it
We live in a modern and fashionable era. In our life we used many things which look very stylish and breakable such as glass material, showpieces etc. Here I would like to talk about “Microwave oven”. Last month on my mother’s birthday, we arranged a get-together at home for our near and dear ones. I planned to bake a special cake for my mother So that I worked on it. Firstly, I helped my mother with cleaning and dusting. While doing cleaning accidentally “Microwave oven” fell down and the main plate of the oven which is made of glass broken.
I felt very sad at that moment because without glass plate it is not possible to do baking in the oven. On that time, my all planning which I made for my mother’s happiness also suffered. My heart was beating fast, and I do not understand what to do now. Then I tried another oven’s glass plate, but it makes my day bad to worse. While using another glass plate, oven electrical wire got short-circuited. Everything was going wrong then with strong heart I told all things to my mother. She said to me be relaxed and calmed.
After that, we ordered a cake and celebrate my mother’s birthday. Next day, I went to an electrician shop to repair my oven. Fortunately, it was in warranty till so store manager replace my oven with a new one, but he charges some amount for a glass plate. On the end, I learned a lesson electronically thing needs extra care and safety also.
Some IELTS Speaking part 2 cue-cards you may like :
- (Update 2024) Describe a difficult thing you did well Free
- (Update 2024) Describe a cafe you like to visit Free
- (Update 2024) Describe a long walk you ever had Free
- (Update 2024) Describe a story someone told you and you remember Free
- (Update 2024) Describe a special cake you received from others Free
- (Update 2024) Describe a time you visited a new place Free
- (Update 2024) Describe a rule that you don’t like Free
- (Update 2024) Describe a thing you did to learn another language Free
- (Update 2024) Describe a person who impressed you most when you were in primary school – IELTS Speaking Part 2
1. Are IT-related jobs valued more by society?
I don’t think they are valued more or less than other jobs. But yes the significance of IT jobs has increased in recent years as our dependence on technology has increased.
2. Is the quality of products worse than before?
I definitely think the quality has fallen in recent years. This is based on my personal experience. The first refrigerator my parents bought still works fine but the ones we bought after that broke down after three-four years and this is true for nearly every electronic product. I think the technology is becoming more and more complex but that has taken a toll on product durability.
3. What kinds of things do people like to repair by themselves?
I think YouTube and Google have made it possible to repair anything and everything. Recently my mom fixed her sewing machine by watching a YouTube video. I have fixed my mobile phone and laptop many times by just searching on google.
4. Why do people like to get their mobile phones repaired in specialized stores?
I think the main reason is that they don’t want to void the phone’s warranty. I think most companies mention that if the phone is opened by a non-registered technician or store, the warranty would not be applicable. I think it is a tactic by companies to ensure that they can charge people heavily for parts, which can be repaired cheaply.
Image : Photo by CHUTTERSNAP on Unsplash