Describe Something You Had to Share with Others
You should say:
– What it was
– Who you shared it with
– Why you had to share it with others
– And explain how you felt about it
Two years back, I shared my laptop with my younger brother. In 2020 the world experienced a lockdown due to the coronavirus. For a sizeable part of the year, we remained indoors in the comfort of our homes.
During that time, my brother joined an online class on digital marketing. He attended the first few classes through his smartphone and found it challenging to do practical work on the phone. He asked my mother for a new laptop, but due to the lockdown, it was not viable for us to buy it from outside because the shops were closed.
Then mom told my younger brother that I’d love to share my laptop with him, which I didn’t… But I have always been a good girl since l was little, so this time, without exception, I had no option but to share my laptop with my younger brother. Every day I used to give it to him for 5 hours.
The availability of a laptop enhanced my brother’s performance, and he managed to learn digital marketing in two months.
As for how I felt about it, well, initially, I was upset because my work/study suffered a lot. But later on, I managed it because I started doing other work while my laptop was busy with my brother. I started spending six hours without a laptop by doing a physical workout, watching motivational videos on TV and cooking my favorite mouth-watering delicacies. And upon finishing his classes, my younger brother treated me to a cup of Starbuck’s to express his thanks for my generous help. So that felt not bad.
The sharing kinda helped me to strengthen the bond with my younger brother.
1. Do you think kids like to share? Why?
2. How can parents teach their children to share?
3. What do you think is the benefit of sharing for children?
4. Is there anything that parents should persuade children to share with others?
Some IELTS Speaking part 2 cue-cards you may like :
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 September to December 2022
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 September to December 2022
- (2022) Describe a person you know who loves to grow plants IELTS Cue Card
- (Update 2022) Describe a person you know who is from a different culture IELTS Cue Card
- (2022) Describe a time when you saw a lot of plastic waste (e.g. in a park, on the beach, etc.)
- (2022) Describe a time when you received money as a gift
- (Update 2022) Describe a problem you had while shopping online or in a store IELTS Cue Card
- (Update 2022) Describe a program you like to watch IELTS Cue Card
- (Update 2022) Describe a person who likes to dress fashionably/well IELTS Cue Card
- (Update 2022) Describe a special day out that cost you little money Free lesson
- (Update 2022) Describe a positive change that you made in your life Free lesson
Vocabulary: Cambridge Dictionary
Image : Photo by Kari Shea on Unsplash