Describe a quiet place you like to go
You should say:
– Where it is
– How you knew it
– How often you go there
– What you do there
– And explain how you feel about the place
I’d like to talk about one of my favourite quiet places where I go sometimes. This quiet place, where I like to go sometimes, is a small valley located a bit far away from my home, next to a garden of many different kinds of native plants. Not sure when or how the valley was formed there as no water streams could be found anywhere near it, but I have always thought that there might be some interesting history behind this small valley.
But, anyway, this is a valley that feels like it is located thousands of miles away from civilization, when I visit it with an upset or restless mind, because of its truly quiet surroundings. Of course, one could easily listen to the chirping sounds of the birds from its adjacent native garden, but that sound is nowhere close to as disturbing as the sound of a busy city; rather quite the opposite. In fact, if anything, that chirping sound of the birds feels very much reassuring to me as it reminds me about some many wonderful things in an otherwise tough world.
I like to visit this place only during the late morning because this is when I get to enjoy some refreshingly gentle southern wind, offering some calming effects on my otherwise restless mind. By the way, I like to visit this place, not only because it is nice and quiet, but also because I can see the whole sky in its true colours from here.
Anyway, whenever I go to this place, I spend my time there by mostly walking across the valley just like I did the last time. However, when I went there last time, I spent some time there also reading a book while laying myself down on its ground.
1. Do you know other quiet places?
There are many quiet places in the countryside. Many of my friends live in villages. Whenever I go to their homes, there is no noise of traffic, and you can hear the chirping of the birds and the rustling of leaves, which is very soothing to the ears.
2. Is it hard to find quiet places in cities?
Yes, because the central focus of the administration of most of the cities is on commercialisation. Due to this, every nook and corner of the cities have either residential units or commercial units. Moreover, the number of vehicles plying on the roads has increased considerably. Therefore, finding a quiet place in urban areas is a daunting task.
3. Why do old people prefer to live in quiet places?
Old people like to spend time in quiet places because sometimes they want to be with themselves, then they go to temples or quiet places, and feel relieved of their stress.
4. Why are there more noises made at home now than in the past?
5. Why do some people like to use noise as background sound when they are working or studying?
Some IELTS Speaking part 2 cue-cards you may like :
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 May to August 2022
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 May to August 2022
- (Update 2022) Describe a time when you helped a child IELTS Cue Card
- (Update 2022) Describe something you do to keep fit and healthy IELTS Cue Card
- (Update 2022) Describe an occasion that you lost something IELTS Cue Card
- (Update 2022) Describe an invention that has changed the world in a positive way Free lesson
- (Update 2022) Describe a special day out that cost you little money Free lesson
- (Update 2022) Describe a positive change that you made in your life Free lesson
- (Update 2022) Describe something that surprised you Free lesson
- (Update 2022) Describe something you do that can help you concentrate on work or study Free lesson
- (Update 2022) Describe a contest or competition you would like to participate in Free lesson
- (Update 2022) Describe a family member who you want to work with in the future Free lesson
Image : Photo by max pruvost on Unsplash