Table of Contents
Describe a Successful Sportsperson You Admire
You should say:
- Who he/she is
- What you know about him/her
- What he/she is like in real life
- What achievement he/she has made
- And explain why you admire him/her
Sample Answer 1
I’m going to talk about Cristiano Ronaldo, who is one of the most famous footballers in the world and probably one of the greatest of all time. He is 36 years old now but still in very good form.
Currently, he’s playing for Juventus which is also my favorite football club. If I’m not mistaken, I first knew him in 2003 when he had his debut match for Manchester United. I was strongly impressed with his footwork and his confidence on the pitch that day, given the fact that he was a very young player, and I have become a big fan of him since then. He is rather industrious, even in his daily life, he never gives up training on a daily basis.
So far, he has achieved pretty much all the trophies and titles that every football player dreams to have, and has broken many records in football history.
There’re several reasons why I admire him. For one thing, in his prime, it was extremely tough to tackle him. At the moment, some of his skills have gotten a bit worse than before but they are still good enough to help him play at a world-class level. For another, his determination to be the best player is absolutely admirable.
He’s been playing for more than 18 years and has gained countless outstanding achievements, yet he never stops trying to improve himself every day. Hopefully I can meet him one day in person and ask for his autograph. It would be one of the best days of my life if that happened.
Sample Answer 2
One sportsperson who has continually captured my admiration is the iconic tennis player, Roger Federer. Hailing from Switzerland, Federer is widely regarded as one of the greatest tennis players of all time.
My knowledge of him is derived from closely following grand slam tournaments over the years. His graceful style of play, coupled with his unmatched skill set, makes watching him an absolute pleasure. He has an uncanny ability to make challenging shots look effortless, which I believe is a testament to his mastery.
Outside the court, Federer exudes elegance and humility. Numerous anecdotes from fans and peers alike often paint a picture of a man who is genuine, approachable, and remarkably grounded, considering his monumental achievements.
Speaking of which, his professional accolades are awe-inspiring. With 20 Grand Slam titles to his name, he holds numerous records in the tennis world. Beyond the realm of sports, he’s also known for his philanthropic ventures, particularly the Roger Federer Foundation, which focuses on educational projects in southern Africa.
My admiration for Federer lies not only in his unparalleled prowess on the tennis court but also in his character. He epitomizes the blend of excellence in one’s craft and the grace with which one handles success. He’s not just a sports icon; he’s a global role model.
1. Should students have physical education and do sports at school?
Yes, they should. Students need exercise and must also understand the importance of staying fit, which is why they should get into the habit of exercising at a young age.
Though they won’t always like the sports and exercises taught to them, they must still try until they find something they prefer.
Additionally, having sports at school can help identify athletically gifted students, opening up avenues to a future career as an athlete.
Some IELTS Speaking part 2 cue-cards you may like :
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 From September to December 2023
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 From September to December 2023
- (2023) Describe a Piece Of Good Advice That You Gave To Someone
- (2023) Describe a Successful Person Who You Once Studied Or Worked With
- (2023) Describe a Time When You Had a Problem With Using The Computer
- (2023) Describe a Beautiful City
- (2023) Describe a Person Who Always Has Interesting Ideas Or Opinions
- (2023) Describe a Place In Your Country That You Think Is Interesting
- (2023) Describe a Difficult Task That you Completed At Work/Study That You Felt Proud Of
- (2023) Describe a Time That Something Changed Your Life In Good Ways
- (2023) Describe a Good Advertisement That You Think Is Useful
- (2023) Describe a Bad Service You Received In a Restaurant/Shop
- (2023) Describe a Rule That Is Important In Your School Or At Work
- (2023) Describe a Drawing/Painting That You Like
Image : Photo by Waldemar on Unsplash