Describe an Impressive English Lesson You Had and Enjoyed
You should say:
– What it was about
– When you had it
– What the teacher did
– And why you enjoyed the lesson
Well, I would like to share with you about a really pleasant experience in an English class I had at my university.
During one of our grammar lessons, the regular teacher was sick so the school had to send in a teacher to cover her place. And the substitute teacher, Thomas Hall, delivered an amazing lecture in English about how he thinks we should all learn languages through watching films.
Throughout the two hours, he explained to us the process of learning a language and how films can serve as an effective way to immerse yourself in a language. Basic elements like vocabulary and grammar can be easily absorbed if we focus on dialog in a TV show, and so in the long run, our overall language skills can be improved. This method helps us to learn any language effortlessly and in a short period of time.
At first, we were all sceptical about the ideas he introduced, however, after watching a short video to practice and doing a trial test, we were all convinced that learning by watching movies was not hard at all and we could apply this to enhance our performance at school.
I enjoyed this lesson so much because I find this method to be particularly effective for me. I always felt unmotivated when learning by traditional methods and my results were never desirable. But when I tried learning English using my favourite movies, you know what? My English got better and better and very soon I was able to remember thousands of new words and write really complicated essays. Now, I can even proudly say that I’m an intermediate English learner.
1. Why do people learn foreign languages?
2. What makes a good foreign language teacher?
3. Do you think grammar is important when learning foreign languages?
4. Is it interesting to be a foreign language teacher? Why?
Some IELTS Speaking part 2 cue-cards you may like :
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 September to December 2022
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 September to December 2022
- (2022) Describe something you had to share with others IELTS Cue Card
- (2022) Describe a person you know who loves to grow plants IELTS Cue Card
- (Update 2022) Describe a person you know who is from a different culture IELTS Cue Card
- (2022) Describe a time when you saw a lot of plastic waste (e.g. in a park, on the beach, etc.)
- (2022) Describe a time when you received money as a gift
- (Update 2022) Describe a problem you had while shopping online or in a store IELTS Cue Card
- (Update 2022) Describe a program you like to watch IELTS Cue Card
- (Update 2022) Describe a person who likes to dress fashionably/well IELTS Cue Card
- (Update 2022) Describe a special day out that cost you little money Free lesson
- (Update 2022) Describe a positive change that you made in your life Free lesson
Vocabulary: Cambridge Dictionary
Image : Photo by Kenny Eliason on Unsplash